The Global Catholic Climate Movement (GCCM) is an international network of Catholic individuals and organizations responding to the Pope’s call to action on climate change. Our flagship campaign is the Catholic Climate Petition, which was endorsed by Pope Francis and is being launched all over the world. We are also preparing to launch other campaigns, such as the “Pray for COP21” prayer chain and the Season of Creation. More information about GCCM can be found here.
Although a relatively new organization, GCCM’s outreach spans every continent, with over 40,000 supporters from 125 countries. Our COP21 Taskforce will play a critical role in mobilizing Catholics across the globe ahead of the COP21 UN Climate Summit in December.
The GCCM Global Office Hub located in Boston (U.S.A.), but we are also open to interns interested in working remotely from other cities.
List of Current Positions:
- Communications intern
- Assist with social media communications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and website management to support GCCM campaigns.
- Mobilizations intern
- Support efforts to mobilize Catholics worldwide for the November 28/29 days of action ahead of the COP21 SUmmit
- Youth Outreach intern
- Assist in developing youth components for Catholic Climate Petition and other campaigns, development of program materials, networking with educational and youth institutions
- Local Outreach intern
- Spearhead outreach to Boston-area Catholic parishes and organizations to get support of the Catholic Climate Petition and other campaigns; research appropriate contacts; develop and give presentations as needed. Availability to work on Sundays is highly preferred (to promote the petition in Sunday masses).
- Global Outreach intern
- Responsibilities: Support efforts to increase GCCM’s global network; research and initiate contact with potential supporters among Catholic institutions, church-bodies, media
- Graphic Design intern
- Responsibilities: Design and develop communication materials such as banners, flyers, and publications to support GCCM campaigns
Qualifications: All interns are expected to be highly motivated with a commitment to environmental concerns; possess strong communication skills, and takes initiative. Interns will also need to have their own laptop computer.
Position Type: Unpaid part-time internship with a time commitment of 10 hours minimum, 15 hours ideal. Interns will be required to work at least 3 hours in the GCCM office each week with the possibility of working the remaining hours remotely. Arrangements can be made for course credit based on your school’s requirements.
Location: The new GCCM Global Hub Office is located at St. Anthony’s Shrine, 100 Arch Street in Downtown Crossing. St. Anthony’s Shrine is easily accessible by public transportation. But we are also open to candidates outside Boston.
Duration: 2 months, with a possibility of renewal.
Application Deadline: These positions are open until filled.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter indicating which postition(s) you are applying for to [email protected] with “Intern Application” in the subject line.