Pope Francis’ universal prayer intention for April 2015 is “That people may learn to respect creation and care for it as a gift of God”. In the face of human-made climate change which is undoing God’s gift (see facts), let’s join Francis praying and acting for creation together, to prepare ourselves for his upcoming encyclical on ecology.
THE INVITATION FOR YOU AND YOUR COMMUNITY
INVITATION TO PRAY:
As Christians we believe in the power of prayer, so we encourage you to include the Holy Father’s prayer intention in your personal prayer and in your community’s liturgy (e.g. in Masses or Holy Hours). These resources could be useful:
- Prayers of the Faithful for Sunday and daily Masses
- Rosary Eco-Meditations
- Prayer cards (to print)
- Litany to the Holy Trinity, The Creator
- Stations of the Cross with John Paul II: On the path of Ecological Conversion
- Homily Themes for April mass readings
- Daily Eco-Meditations for April
- Climate postcard reflections
- Creation prayer stations
INVITATION TO ACT:
Pope Francis told us: “On climate change there is a clear, definitive and ineluctable ethical imperative to act.” So let’s raise our voice for climate justice: sign the climate petition below and promote it in your community (you could also collect signatures in person by printing this paper petition form, or embed the petition in your website/blog by filling out this form and following these instructions):
SPREAD THE WORD
- Send this Invitation Letter via email to your parish leaders and/or priest.
- Print Care4Creation Month posters and/or leaflets to distribute in your parish.
- Share in social media with these buttons below (also, these images are good to post).