Pope Francis recently published the encyclical Laudato Si, building on top of the teachings of his predecessors and of the long Catholic tradition of creation stewardship (with St Francis of Assisi as its most prominent exponent), linking it to the inter-related issues of human ecology and development. Here are some resources and Church’s statements from the past 25 years on this critical issue.
- Encyclical Laudato Si
- Statements on Climate Change from the Popes
- Statements on Climate Change from other Catholic Institutions and Voices
- FAQs on the Pope’s Moral Authority
- Climate Change, a Pro-Life Issue
- Valuing Creation, a Long-Held Catholic Tradition