The Global Catholic Climate Movement (GCCM) is an international network of Catholic individuals and organizations responding to the Pope’s Laudato Si’ call for climate justice. Founded in January 2015, GCCM has grown extremely quickly by bringing together 500+ member organizations and thousands of Catholics to take action through innovative campaigns to bring Laudato Si’ to life (see institutional brochure).
About the Role:
We are looking to hire a passionate climate activist to help coordinate GCCM initiatives throughout Asia-Pacific, and primarily with our GCCM-Pilipinas chapter, and activate the over 100 million Catholics in the region. Reporting to the Organizing Director, and in close coordination with the GCCM-Pilipinas team, this coordinator will be responsible for communicating GCCM initiatives through digital channels, engaging Catholic institutions and grassroots leaders to participate in GCCM global campaigns, mobilizing GCCM volunteers for offline campaigns such as the Laudato Si’ Animators program, and assisting in the set-up and communication with GCCM chapters.
Digital Support for GCCM-Pilipinas:
- Lead GCCM’s email marketing program in Tagalog
- Coordinate with GCCM-Pilipinas staff to develop and promote Filipino-specific online petitions
- Manage Tagalog version of GCCM website; write, update, and recruit new content
- Support GCCM-Pilipinas social media channels
- Support GCCM-Pilipinas in other initiatives that might arise.
Campaign Coordination throughout Asia-Pacific region:
- Develop an outreach strategy to engage Catholic institutions and grassroots leaders throughout
- Asia-Pacific to participate in GCCM global campaigns
- Coordinate the collection and encoding/uploading of offline Laudato Si’ Pledges
- Coordinate with GCCM chapters in the region
- Research and partner with new social media channels from the region to promote GCCM and
- GCCM-Pilipinas content
- Advertise and manage Laudato Si’ Animators program
- Work closely with the Organizing Team to implement GCCM campaigns
- Recruit and oversee volunteers
- Track progress related to current outreach and campaign plans through weekly reports
Knowledge, skills and abilities required or preferred:
- Experience with social media tools and campaigning
- Passionate about bringing a Catholic voice into climate justice advocacy, preferably familiar with the Pope’s Laudato Si encyclical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Tagalog, with ability to tailor messaging to Catholic audiences and work across multi-cultural settings
- Highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality
- Attention to detail (incl. spelling, grammar, internal consistency)
- Reliability; ability to self direct and take initiative
- Adaptable, flexible and can work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, Google Apps Suite, with the ability to learn new applications and programs quickly
- Willingness to be available non-traditional hours as needed to support program needs
Job Type: Full-time position with a 12-months fixed term contract, with the possibility of transitioning to a longer term position.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: Rolling until hired
Start Date: Immediately
Location: This position will be based in the Philippines and work out of the GCCM-Pilipinas office in Quezon City.
How to apply: Send the following documents to [email protected]: 1) CV, and 2) cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in the role. Put “Applicant: Campaigns Coordinator, Asia-Pacific” in the subject line.