Advent Prayer Resources
Advent is a season of preparation. A time for creating space in our hearts as we await for the Christ Jesus. Here are some creation-themed resources to help us “return to that simplicity which allows us to stop and appreciate the small things” (Laudato Si’ 222). May our prayer and mindful actions prepare the way for Christ to be born anew in our lives and in our world.
- GCCM’s 2018 Advent Resource Kit: Contains a creation-themed Advent calendar, How to Green your Christmas, Kids Coloring pages, and Advent Novena
- Pathways: Hope for the Journey: A weekly Catholic Advent resource weaving together the Sunday scriptures with creation themes. Produced by the Columban Mission Institute’s Centre for Peace, Ecology and Justice (Australia).
- Eco-spirituality Advent Resources: Reflection material for individuals and groups based on excerpts from the appropriate Sunday Scriptures by Sr. Terri MacKenzie, SHCJ
- Consider the Origins and the Personal Costs of Consumerism: Reflection questions and an examen from the Critical Concerns Committee of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Practice the Advent pause: To break our consumerist habit, we need to become aware of the internal energy to buy more, eat more, do more, than necessary. Learn more about this contemplative practice here.
Other Ideas to Laudatosi-fy your Advent and Christmas:
- Watch the Webinar: Christmas, Consumerism, and Laudato Si with Dr. Juliet Schor, Boston College, Dr. Pablo Canziani, Universidad de Buenos Aires, and Sr. Katie Mindling, RSM
- Give a gift packed with meaning from the More Fun, Less Stuff Catalog.
- Give the gift of time with the New Dream Coupon Book to give vouchers for babysitting, chores, dinner… you name it!
See more ideas at simplifyholidays.org