German Project Manager
Global Catholic Climate Movement is an international network of Catholic people and 800+ member organizations, all working together to develop solutions to the climate crisis. We are led by the Holy Spirit, and we find joy and support in our faith and each other. We act at the forefront of faith-based efforts to protect the environment, and our work is very fast-paced, with multiple projects and priorities managed daily. We enjoy a collaborative working environment in which everyone is committed to tackling the climate crisis with courage and love. We believe, as Pope Francis said in Laudato Si’, that “truly, much can be done!”
The incumbent will be responsible for a 6-month research project on the German Catholic Church and its engagement with environmental protection, to identify how could GCCM best support the implementation of Laudato Si’. This is a full-time, short-term contract with the possibility of making the transition to a permanent, grant-funded position.
Areas of responsibility
Areas of responsibility
The project manager will prepare a lengthy, detailed brief on the diverse range of German Catholic institutions and their engagement with environmental protection. In order to complete this work, the incumbent will do the following:
- collaborate with a range of partners, both Catholic and secular, to develop a research plan;
- conduct extensive Internet research;
- maintain detailed records;
- complete conversations with scores of lay leaders and clergy around the country, both via phone call/video conference and in-person;
- organize the results of research;
- analyze the status of the Church;
- develop a strategy to engage the Church in the long term; and
- write the resulting brief in English.
Candidates will have the following experience:
- deep familiarity with the German Catholic Church through, for example, professional experience with a diocese, the Catholic Scouts, a charitable agency, a Catholic university, or similar;
- familiarity with the variety of approaches to socio-environmental issues taken by the German Catholic Church;
- expertise with creating coalitions of partners to achieve campaign objectives;
- expertise with analyzing a campaign landscape and drafting a strategy in response;
- an ability to clearly articulate ideas in writing, including written English; and
- optionally, a history of completing in-depth research projects.