We delivered 900,000 signatures to President Hollande in Paris!
Governments from every single country recently signed the historic Paris Agreement to tackle climate change. But that was just the beginning. Now we have to lift up Catholic voices in national capitals and mayoral offices around the globe to make sure that policy makers honor their commitments and step up their ambition (see more at blog post).
SUPPORT THE POPE’S ECOLOGICAL CALL. SIGN HERE:
The Church is mobilizing:
- Pope Francis is urging us to mobilize and he endorsed this petition together with many Cardinals and Bishops (see endorsements).
- Thousands of Catholics are collecting signatures in parishes, schools and word of mouth (see photos).
Throughout 2016, GCCM member organizations and supporters will deliver the petition signatures to officials in top-emitting countries and advocate for bold climate policies. Through this petition we urge political leaders to drastically cut greenhouse gases emissions, to keep the global temperature increase below 1.5° Celsius (following the Catholic Bishops’ Lima Statement and the COP21 paper of Catholic development agencies; more on the target here and here).
Promote the petition:
Here are some ideas (see also the Petition Toolkit):
- Share the “Pope’s Call to Action” speech with family and friends.
- Send the petition link (www.CatholicClimateMovement.global/petition) to your parish asking them to promote it online (via email or social media) or offline (e.g. in parish billboards and bulletins);
- Print this paper petition form and collect signatures in your parish, school or community (once finished, send to hello(AT)catholicclimatemovement.global);
- Embed the petition in your website or blog;
- Share it with family and friends through these buttons below: