Join a working group
Learn more about the working groups that bring vitality and perspective to Global Catholic Climate Movement. Join a working group to develop new connections with a community of Catholic climate champions.
Apply to volunteer
“Everyone’s talents and involvement are needed” (LS, 14).
Hi! We are glad you want to contribute to the Care of our Common Home through volunteering with the Global Catholic Climate Movement.
Here are some ways you can volunteer:
- Laudato Si Animator’s Program volunteer: Laudato Si Animator’s Program volunteers help with the execution of the program. They provide guidance and answer questions from animators in training. To apply for this volunteering position you should be a certified animator. Time commitment: 3 – 4 hours per week during the animators program. Apply
- Administrative Volunteer: Administrative volunteers help GCCM test tools for different programs, they help GCCM review correspondence and help with data organizing for each region. Time commitment: 3 – 4 hours per week. Apply
- Grassroots volunteer: Grassroots volunteers help coordinate key moments and events. They work directly with GCCM grassroots and individual members. We are currently looking for a French speaker volunteer that could provide support with the grassroots in francophone Africa. Time commitment: 3 – 4 hours per week. Apply
- Interpretation & Translation volunteers: Interpretation & Translation volunteers interpret GCCM Webinars and Prayer Services to Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and Polish. Interpretations are needed regularly. GCCM tries to provide material beforehand so interpreters can prepare. Interpretation volunteers will need to be available for clearly defined hours. Time commitment: by request. Apply
- Policy volunteer: Policy volunteers assist us in identifying the following:
- policies we should advocate for,
- how different policies have been effective in different parts of the world, and
- how to effectively achieve policy change.
Examples could include researching the legislative process in a specific state and laying out the policies that state is considering. Policy volunteers are welcome in regions including the United States, Poland, Italy, Australia, DRC Congo, Nigeria, Argentina, Colombia, Mexico, Ecuador. If you have interest and expertise in another region not mentioned here, please contact [email protected] Time commitment: 5-10 hours per week. Apply
- Digital Volunteering: Digital volunteers will be able to collaborate with the Movement by:
- Using their own social networks so that the messages reach more people.
- Mobilizing their acquaintances to collaborate in a fundraising and/or advocacy campaign.
- Helping with the transcription of content.
- Creating and reinforcing Wikipedia articles.
- Data entry.
- Copywriting, blogging, or editing.
Our new volunteer program has a duration of 4 months (but you are welcome to stay longer if you want). Apply here and we will get in touch with you.
Would you like to become a Theological and Spiritual Consultant?
If you feel called to help, support and empower people, GCCM is seeking applicants to serve as theological and spiritual consultants.
You will support GCCM in any of the following ways:
- Developing materials such as prayers, Scriptural reflections, homilies, educational resources, and blog posts. Support for developing materials is particularly needed during key Church and Laudato Si’ moments including Lent, Earth Day, Laudato Si’ anniversary, Season of Creation, and Advent.
- Presenting in online webinars, trainings, or other GCCM activities.
- Participating in forums to deepen GCCM’s reflection regarding relevant topics
Make a Donation
We hope you will consider “paying it forward” by making a donation to support GCCM’s Animators Fund. Your gift of any amount will help cover the cost of supporting existing Animators (trainings, events, organizing staff to oversee efforts, travel, etc.) and expanding the Animators program.
If applicable, please speak with your Employer’s Human Resources Department (or consult your employee handbook) to see if they will make a donation (i.e. volunteer grant) in honor of the time you volunteer with GCCM, or if they will match your gift. Many employers offer these types of employee benefits to both current and retired employees, but many employees do not know it’s offered.